2018 STORIES OF CHANGE STORYTELLING FELLOWSHIP CONVENING APPLICATION
Stories of Change (SOC), a partnership of Sundance Institute and the Skoll Foundation is expanding its global network of storytellers. As part of this effort we are creating the opportunity for 4 talented filmmakers to attend the 2018 SOC Convening at the Skoll World Forum (SWF) as SOC Storytelling Fellows.
SOC Storytelling Fellows will be required to complete the SOC Convening Fellowship Application by February 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM PST.
Selected SOC Fellows will attend the 2018 SOC Convening to take place in Oxford, England from April 8 – 14, 2018. Sundance Institute will provide round trip economy travel, ground transportation (including airport pickup and drop off) in the host city, and on-site lodging. We will also cover SWF registration fees, meals on-site, and a modest honorarium of $1,200.
SOC Convening activities start on Sunday April 8, 2018, with a daylong workshop that will bring together SOC Fellows, Skoll-Awarded Social Entrepreneurs (SASEs), Sundance Institute Staff and SOC Advisors. Convening activities will conclude the evening of Friday April 13, 2018.
Stories of Change supports the creation of compelling film and media projects inspired by the work of renowned social entrepreneurs; builds and sustains a network of independent storytellers and Skoll-Awarded Social Entrepreneurs; and enhances story skills and the exchange of knowledge between these communities. This collaboration is predicated on common values and the understanding that working together, independent storytellers and social entrepreneurs can reach strategic audiences and find pathways to a better world.
SOC Fellows will have the opportunity to network with Skoll-Awarded Social Entrepreneurs (SASEs) and explore the possibility of bringing their independent voice to create meaningful storytelling projects with SASEs. High-potential projects qualify for support from the SOC Content Fund through an invitation-only request for proposal.
SOC SWF Fellow Selection Criteria
- The program will consider independent storytelling artists working in the following forms:
- Short Documentary Films or Documentary Series
- Short Fiction/Scripted Films or Scripted Episodic Series
- Feature-Length Documentary Films
- Feature-Length Fiction Films
- Emerging Storytelling or Immersive Platforms (virtual reality, augmented reality, digital interactive forms, etc)
- Selected fellow will:
- Display an interested and ability in collaborating with Skoll-Awarded Social Entrepreneurs (SASEs) to make compelling independent storytelling projects.
- Possess an eye for identifying engaging stories related to the of SASEs.
- Have a track record of pursuing and successfully completing independent film projects, including experience raising funds to compliment possible grants from the SOC Content Fund.
- Ability to collaborate with SASEs while maintaining editorial independence.
- Storytellers working primarily in the creation of organizational promotional videos, public service announcements, fundraising films, or issue campaign videos will not be considered.
If you have any questions about this application or the SOC Fellowship, please contact Scarlett Robertson at Scarlett_Robertson@Sundance.org.
The Stories of Change Convening at the Skoll World Forum
April 8-14 , 2018
Size 4 fellows
Costs There is no fee to apply
To apply, click sign in or signup in the top right and create an account. Then select the Stories of Change Storytelling Fellowship application from the dropdown.